Monday, October 12, 2009

20 Questions with Kaitlin McKenna

1. What is the main reason you chose Saint Leo University?
I chose Saint Leo because Michelle was the best setter that I had ever seen and I wanted to play volleyball with her. I also really enjoyed the people that I met on my recruiting trip and I really wanted to play for Coach Sam because he is a cool guy.

2. What has been your best college experience so far?
My best college experience has been living with my roommates—Michelle, Leah and Kim. They are the best friends a girl could have.

3. If you could recommend one 'must-have' for a dorm room, what is it and why?
My recommendation for a ‘must have’ for a dorm room is an extremely powerful stereo system. The louder the music, the more friends you will have and thus the more fun you will have dancing.

4. What do you do on your off days?
On my off days, I sleep, hang out with friends, go to the beach, dance, do homework, play kickball, go to Wal-Mart, listen to loud music, socialize.

5. Pick one cartoon character that matches your personality, who and why?

Plankton from Spongebob because he is funny. He tries to take over the world but always fails because he is so tiny. It cracks me up.

6. What other sports have you played?
In high school I played basketball, was on the golf team and I threw shot put and discus for the track team. I was on the summer swim team from when I was 4 years old until I was a sophomore in high school. Noncompetitively I snowboard, ski and water ski. But I’ve played almost every sport.

7. What is your favorite holiday? Why?
My favorite holiday is Christmas because I love being with my family and going home to see my friends. I also enjoy being around the snow for a month and having to bundle up to go outside. Giving and receiving presents is always a good time too. But mostly just that whole Christmas spirit is fun and warms my heart.

8. What song is most played on your iPod?
You may be Right by Billy Joel

9. What is your best asset as a member of SLU Volleyball?
I lead by example.

10. If you were a tree, what tree would you be and why?
I would be a pine tree in Northern Michigan, because they get to be outside all winter long and enjoy all of the snow.

11. Where are 3 places you would like to visit?
I want to visit the Amazon Rainforest, Argentina, and Thailand.

12. How many siblings do you have, and how old are they?
I have a brother who is 24 and a sister who is 22.

13. What is your favorite movie?
My favorite movie is The Grinch.

14. Who is your favorite athlete?
Chauncey Billups

15. Who is your hero?
My Mom is #1. But I have other heroes as well. Danielle Bletso is my hero because she makes me happy every day. Coach Sam is also my hero because he is so good at what he does and I aspire to be like him.

16. Pick one teammate and tell us a funny story...
One time Kim and I were in our kitchen and she decided to make cookies because I was busy doing homework. So she started baking away. After she mixed all of the ingredients together she tasted the batter. She said to me, “Why is this so salty?” So I went over to look at the recipe and read “2 teaspoons of salt.” Then I looked at the counter and the measuring spoon that had been used was the tablespoon. “Kim, you put 2 tablespoons of salt in and not 2 teaspoons.” So after we figured that out, Kim decided to just double everything to try and rescue her cookies. She ran out of brown sugar and replaced it with maple syrup. Needless to say, the cookies did not turn out well. But it was a good effort.

17. What is your favorite place you've gone with SLU Volleyball?
Colorado

18. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Working for some Accounting firm and working on my CPA and making lots of money.

19. What are you looking forward to most this year?
Winning. And living it up with my roommates.

20. How do you want people to remember you after you've graduated from Saint Leo?
I want to be remembered as a great Student Athlete that has the potential to do whatever I want.

1 comment:

  1. Impressive and powerful suggestion by the author of this blog are really helpful to reduce our hack-tic life. My own views are matching with author and I have experienced such.
    รับ ทำ บัญชี ลาดพร้าว

    ReplyDelete